26 novembro 2016

Immigration

Transcript of the conversation between President-elect Donald Trump and Peter Throw, Part XXII


Donald Trump (DT) - What is the name of that great patriot of yours who used to write for Public?...I can't recall his name...

Peter Throw (PT) - ...

DT - ... that polished gentleman who always has nice things to say about Portuguese people...

PT - ...

DT - ... who seems to be a very brave man when he has a pen in his hand...

PT - I don't know whom you are talking about, Don... polished ... brave...used to write for Public... I don't know...

DT - I hope you have sent me that man, Peter ...I need him to head the Good-mouthing section of the American Public ... what's his name...?... Oh Peter, my memory at seventy...

PT - OK, Don... let's talk about your priorities on Immigration while you try to recall his name...

DT - My goal is to protect the American workers from illegal immigration...

PT - What's the problem, Don?......

DT - You see, Peter...an American worker to make 70 net has to sell his services in the marketplace for 100, because 30% are taxes...an ilegal immigrant with the same skills can sell himself for 70 because he does not pay taxes...he will steal the job from the American...

PT - It's unfair competition, indeed...

DT - Oh Peter...please, help me...that former columnist of Public... I remember he had a great hero... by the name of Olivetree Martins, I guess...

PT -...  a former columnist of Public ...a polished, brave man...Olivetree Martins as his hero... frankly, Don, I cannot identify your guy...

DT - My assistant-secretary tells me that he now writes for The Observer ... unfortunately I don't read that paper, only Public... I like him so much...

PT - Don... I don't know... I don't know ... I don't know...Let's get back to Immigration...Are you against immigration, Don?...

DT -...look, Peter...he is a former MP but quit Parliament because the restaurant was too small and the menu repetitive... can't you remember his name?...

PT - ...

DT - ... Listen, Peter ... I am not against immigration...The United States is a country of immigration...All Americans are immigrants or descendants of immigrants... Do you know the inscription at the bottom of the statue of Liberty?...

PT - “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”...

DT - Every single year one million people enter the United States as legal immigrants...in a decade that represents a full Portugal worth of immigrants... What I am against is illegal immigration... there are 11 million illegal workers in the USA, seventy percent of them from Mexico...

PT - What are you planning to do about that?

DT - First, the Department of Labour will exercise greater scrutiny over illegal workers in America...Second we will reinforce border controls with Mexico...

PT - What about the wall...?

DT - Well... Peter...that's a solution of last resort...it is not in the cards right now...

PT - OK, Don...just one more point on illegal immigration...

DT - Yes, Peter...

PT - I've sent you an illegal immigrant...hidden in the cargo hold of USS Vincent...

DT - Did you Peter?...How am I going to explain that to the American people?...

PT - As a gift from Portugal...

DT - And...who is that, Peter?

PT - Polished Brave.

1 comentário:

Ricciardi disse...

"an ilegal immigrant with the same skills can sell himself for 70 because he does not pay taxes"
.
É falso. Os ilegais pagam impostos nos EUA. A diferença entre Portugal e os EUA é precisamente neste ponto. Independentemente da existência de visto de trabalho, os trabalhadores (legais e ilegais) pagam imposto sobre rendimentos. Até têm conta bancária.
.
O irs trabalha com total independência dos serviços de fronteiras e estrangeiros.
.
Por esta razão é que o mercado paralelo nos EUA é muito menor que o português. Eles, o IRS, não querem saber se o contribuinte está legal ou ilegal. Pagam e não bufam.
.
Rb